Most rural areas are located more than 30 kilometers from a health center. This condition, added to the scarce resources in the area, makes it difficult to achieve adequate health control for the people who live there, hindering the diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of possible pathologies.
Within this framework, we develop a comprehensive health program that covers medical care in different specialties, carrying out studies, creating and equipping health posts and training in different health topics for rural residents.
In addition, we create links with each family to strengthen communities’ access to local health care, so that they can have their right guaranteed without having to travel more than 10 kilometers.
The actions within the framework of this program are the following:
• Creation and strengthening of rural health posts
• Supply of medicines to rural health posts
• Delivery of medications to patients with chronic diseases
• Medical care in different specialties, in coordination with different public and civil society organizations
• Ophthalmology with delivery of glasses
• Workshops on different health topics for rural residents
• Nutritional control
• Shift management with specialists
• Wheelchair management